The humidity indicator of the casing layer can range from 70% to 80% (it depends on the mushroom growers and different growing methods).
At preparing the casing layer a few important aspects should be taken into account. They are the following:
- First of all, itТs necessary to select the composition (formula) of the mixture. The composition is chosen separately for each batch of the imported raw materials Ц high-moor and valley peat, the amount of lime is calculated according to the required pH level = 7.2 Ц 7.5.
- A high moisture capacity is very important for the casing mixture, therefore, itТs necessary to maintain it, as much as possible, while processing and mixing it.
- The casing layer should contain a reasonable amount of moisture. Moistened casing mixture quickly absorbs a greater amount of water than when itТs dry. Moreover, in a casing layer that is overly friable and not moist enough, the mycelium grows in many thin hyphae. Later on, that makes it more difficult for the water to enter into the casing layer that has been overly grown with mycelium.
- The casing mixture that is too moist is difficult to apply. This mixture forms a dense and heavy layer, looses its structure, and therefore, its air permeability. This makes it impossible for the mycelium to grow well in the casing layer.
- At preparing the casing mixture by hand, we recommend to first mix the materials while theyТre dry and then bring the mixture to an optimal humidity level while actively mixing it.
- Special attention should be paid to sanitation and hygiene in the preparation and application of the casing layer process and any possibility of pathogenic microorganisms getting into the layer must be excluded.
Hi kindly share your formula using 1000kgs wheat straw and no chicken manure. Email shroomcoenterprise...Compost production: estimation of the process according...
Seyed Hoseini Iran:
????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ????watering first flush mushrooms
Its best to water when pins are thumb size, increase air speed after watering so the surface of the mushrooms...Without chicken manure compost? Yes, it's possible...
Ritesh Sharma, Dholpur, Rajasthan India:
My email id ritesh@. We are coming up with 52 Mushroom...Compost production: estimation of the process according...
Usually paddy straw have a low structure.its have a fast degradable trait.so you have focus on your compost...Without chicken manure compost? Yes, it's possible...
JKSingh , Lucknow, India:
We have developed formulations of making compost without chicken manure. It yields similar or even better...Without chicken manure compost? Yes, it's possible...
JKSingh, Lucknow, India:
We have developed formulations of making compost without chicken manure. It yields similar or even better...Mushrooms in Kazahstan
Dr Muhammad Ibrahim:
Mushroom production in controlled Climate. I want to establish controlled climate in Pakistan. How this...watering first flush mushrooms